Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sept. 2 chapter 2

So I was so proud of myself for coming home from class and reading the text book assignment and then going to respond to the blog question about it, and there wasn't one yet. So, here is what I thought about the reading - chapter 2 - I know very much how it feels to not have your needs met in a classroom, and I so want to ensure that my future students do not know the feeling. The idea of being challenged is the one that rang true to me. Even the gifted child who can accomplish each given task needs to feel challenged and not simply praised. I also really liked the parts about contribution - the idea that each child needs to know that they are an important part of the classroom community, and that they make a difference because they are unique and powerful. This was a fantastic reading!

1 comment:

  1. Way to beat me to the post! I find the reading fascinating because it agrees with my core philosophy. Why do you think it fascinate you?

    ReplyDelete